Tuesday, December 28, 2010

An Upcycle Christmas

I've been dying to post this blog but had to wait until after Christmas, because I gave these as gifts this year. The success I had with the stockings inspired me to continue exploring possibilities with upcycled sweaters. Honestly, I think it's become a new obsession! I have a list of several projects I plan to attempt in the next couple of weeks. I'll post as I complete them. . .

First, a cowl and fingerless gloves I made for my sister-in-law Molly. You can find instructions on how to make the cowl HERE. And the fingerless gloves are quite simple, just cut the lower portion of the sleeves of a sweater, fold, cut a thumb hole, and use anti-frey gel around the edges. . . Then sew buttons as accents if you'd like.



Another pair of fingerless gloves for my brother-in-laws girlfriend, Katherine. . .


And fabric flower hair clips and a headband also for Katherine. I was inspired by Alisa Burke to attempt these. They were SO MucH fun to make, and quite easy. Using strips of fabric or ribbon, simply tie a knot, then begin twisting and turning the fabric, using fabric glue as you go to hold the shape. Let it dry for several hours, then hot glue the flowers to a clip or sew them to a headband. Anyone can do it!! :)


I'm putting the finishing touches on upcycled sweater pants I made for Jonah and Eve from the left over fabric from my stocking project. They are ADORABLE! Can't wait to show them to you and explain how to do it. I'm also finishing a gift for Adeline. My first dress!! I'm quite thrilled about it. Promise to post when I finish! :)

1 comment:

  1. Jessica, this is another beautiful blog, thanks for sharing your creative ideas.

    ReplyDelete